Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

S'more, Please! (SOLSC--Day 3)

Sometimes we set out to make traditions, but what I love is when they just take form all on their own. A couple of months ago, I tried to make s'mores sans campfire for my son's Campout themed birthday. They became a hot mess. Literally, a hot gooey mess. (The s'mores, not the kids.) Seeing I was flustered and trying to manage a small apartment full of boys, my husband stepped in and offered to redo the s'mores for me and I gladly accepted. They turned out perfectly.  Now, the boys see Daddy as the s'more king and tonight when he offered to make those wonderful s'mores, we couldn't say no. S'mores are almost a bit too sweet and this slice is probably cavity-inducing, too. But, sometimes at the end of a long, busy week, that's just the kind of treat I need to have.

3 comments:

Christy Rush-Levine said...

I love the comment you included in parentheses--it gave me a visual that made me chuckle.

Mmm...s'mores...

Amy Rudd said...

Daddy to the rescue...How sweet! (no pun intended) Nice treat too! It is amazing how traditions morph before our eyes, going in a completely different direction than we'd intended...sometimes for the best! Thanks for sharing your story!

MaryHelen said...

I love the bonding that happens when you least expect it. :)