Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fries With That (SOLSC -- Day 6)

Tonight I took my sons out to eat after my middle son, Nicholas, completed his Kung Fu testing with a terrific performance. We just went to a fast food place and we had items on the value menu, so it was not a lavish excursion. But they loved it, especially the cookies (which at this particular restaurant are amazing)!And even more than the pseudo-50s decor, or the cheap, delicious burgers, the boys loved the comment cards left at each table. They read each question aloud and conferred about the right answer. They even wrote in their own comments about the deliciousness of those fabulous cookies.

Looking at their three blonde heads hovering over the card, I was reminded that we all want to have a voice -- even if it's just about fast food-- and I am glad the boys used theirs.

2 comments:

Terje said...

The boys had a reason and an opportunity to write. We can find small lessons of writing in least expected places. I'll keep my eyes open.

Unknown said...

It is amazing the difference in writing when choice is involved. Carl's Jr. (the restaurant we were at) is lucky -- I had to stop the boys from gathering all the comment cards in the place to fill out! Thanks for the comment :)