Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#Poemaday 13: Cartography

Big questions from @budtheteacher.  Tonight I need to answer: How would you describe the universe?

Cartography
It is in your eyes.
Close them and tattooed on the inside lid,
constellations will appear --


Shifting pictures of goddesses and cookware,
bears, balanced scales and a winged horse
beckon you to tell their stories.
  
Eyes closed; the universe swirls,
speaks in speeding comets
and hurtling metaphors.


Eyes open, I see the reflection
of a thousand moons, and they are pulling
my heart to shore.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow! This is a beautiful poem. The word choice and imagery is breathtaking and the sentiment is so real

Unknown said...

I appreciate that so much. I am more wary of sharing poetry than other forms of writing. A bit of validation every now and then goes a long way!

The Extrapolators said...

I love this, and agree, your imagery is amazing. While reading the poem i could picture each detail with such clarity.

~Vanessa S.